Episode #356: Bob Burg on Giving First
Bob Burg is a sought-after speaker at company leadership and sales conferences sharing the platform with everyone from today’s business leaders and broadcast personalities to even a former U.S. President.
Bob is the author of a number of books on sales, marketing and influence, with total book sales of well over a million copies. His book, The Go-Giver, coauthored with John David Mann, itself has sold over 850,000 copies and it has been translated into 28 languages.
Bob is an advocate, supporter and defender of the Free Enterprise system, believing that the amount of money one makes is directly proportional to how many people they serve. He is also an unapologetic animal fanatic, and is a past member of the Board of Directors of Furry Friends Adoption, Clinic & Ranch in his town of Jupiter, Florida.
We unpacked the following in this conversation:
- The five laws of the go giver way - value, compensation, influence, receptivity and authenticity - and how applying them can benefit you in business and in life
- Why it’s not what you sell, but the value it delivers that matters most - and why that value need not always be direct or monetary; and
- How to get past objections and determine the conditions required to sell your product
We also touched on cognitive biases and how to get better at mastering them, the left-right political divide and how to better persuade people to your line of thinking, and the value of free markets.
WIth that, please enjoy my conversation with the one and only, Bob Burg.
- Website: www.gogiverway.com
- Twitter: @bobburg
- Podcast: https://thegogiver.com/podcast/
- Get Bob’s books: https://www.amazon.com/Bob-Burg/e/B001IGSYSK%3Fref=dbs_a_mng_rwt_scns_share
- Mistakes Were Made but Not By Me book: https://www.amazon.com/Mistakes-Were-Made-But-Not/dp/1491514132
- Chris Voss - Never Split the Difference book (“counterfeit yes”): https://www.amazon.com.au/Never-Split-Difference-Negotiating-Depended/dp/0062407805
Employee to Entrepreneur book: www.employeetoentrepreneur.io
Listen to Future Squared on Apple Podcasts goo.gl/sMnEa0
Also available on: Spotify, Google Podcasts, TuneIn, Stitcher and Soundcloud
Future Squared: www.futuresquared.xyz
Steve Glaveski: www.steveglaveski.com
NEW Facebook group: www.facebook.com/groups/futuresquared/