Episode #153: The Art of Charm with Jordan Harbinger
Jordan Harbinger is an entrepreneur, talk show host and world-renowned social dynamics expert.
As co-founder of The Art of Charm, Jordan has helped develop one of the leading self-development programs in the world, with a special expertise in social capital, relationship-building and authentic rapport. He is also the host of The Art of Charm Podcast, where he interviews leading entrepreneurs, celebrities, writers and experts about psychology, performance, life and success.
For all his work in the field, Forbes named Jordan one of the 50 best relationship-builders in the world, and Inc. Magazine recently called him “the Charlie Rose of Podcasting.”Jordan has shared his ideas around the world as a speaker and consultant. His work has been presented in Silicon Valley (at companies such as Google, Apple, Twitter, and Square) and to various government branches and agencies (including all branches of the U.S. Military, the Department of State, and Department of Defense).
He has also given talks on security, social-engineering and psychology to BlackHat, DEFCON and Harvard Business School, and has advised private companies and law-enforcement agencies on their security and communications.A former U.S. State Department employee and Wall Street attorney who speaks five languages, Jordan has spent several years abroad in Europe and the developing world, including South America, Eastern Europe, the Balkans and the Middle East.
He has worked for various governments and NGOs overseas, traveled through war zones, led several trips through North Korea, and been kidnapped—twice. (The only reason he’s still alive and kicking is because of his ability to talk his way into (and out of) just about any situation.)
- How Jordan went from lawyer to social scientist and podcasting ‘royalty’ with The Art of Charm
- What people usually get wrong when it comes to building relationships and social capital
- How to effectively apply relationship development and influencing theories without looking like a robot and sabotaging yourself
- The Doorway Drill: what it is, how and why you should do it
- The art of charm in sales
- Making a great first impression online
- The importance of soft skills in today’s world
- How people can get better at managing change, instability and fear
- How to keep your childlike curiosity
- Website and podcast: Theartofcharm.com
- Twitter: @theartofcharm
If you've got any questions on this podcast feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet me on Twitter @steveglaveski or @future_squared
Like us? It'd make our day if you took 1 minute to show some love on iTunes, Stitcher or Soundcloud by subscribing, sharing and giving us a 5 star rating.
To sign up to our mailing list head to www.futuresquared.xyz