Episode #189: Find Your Why with David Mead
David Mead is an author and igniter for Simon Sinek, author of three best-selling books: Start With Why, Leaders Eat Last and Together is Better.
Simon and David have just penned and released Find Your Why: A Practical Guide for Discovering Purpose for You and Your Team.
Everything David does is designed to propel people toward a better version of themselves, so they can more meaningfully touch the lives of others. Specializing in organizational culture and leadership, David shifts perceptions about the reasons why organizations really exist, what leadership is and how human biology plays into it all.
David believes that every one of us deserves to wake up inspired to go to work, feel safe while we’re there, and come home at the end of the day fulfilled by the work we do. He works with leaders to help them create an environment where people show up to work because they want to, not because they have to.
Expect to learn many things in this episode including:
1 - How to embed a ‘start with why’ mindset in a fast growing team
2 - What to do if your Why sounds just like your competitors
3 - How to deal with team members who don’t buy into your organisation’s why
- How the collaboration with Simon came about
- Why this book exists
- Why finding your why is difficult for most people
- Passion v purpose
- Going beyond the individual why towards the organization’s why
- Having multiple whys in an organisation
- How to deal with employees who don’t believe in your why
- The three levels every business must function on in order to survive
- How to embed a start with why mindset in your team
- Website: www.startwithwhy.com
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/djmead
- Get the book: https://amzn.to/2p0klZ5
- Podcast: https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/start-with-why-podcast/id544422719?mt=2
Listen on iTunes @ goo.gl/sMnEa0
Listen on Stitcher @ www.stitcher.com/podcast/future
Listen on Google Play @ bit.ly/FSGoog
If you've got any questions on this podcast feel free to send an email to email@example.com or tweet me on Twitter @steveglaveski or @future_squared
Follow me on Instagram: @thesteveglaveski
Like us? It'd make our day if you took 1 minute to show some love on iTunes, Stitcher or Soundcloud by subscribing, sharing and giving us a 5 star rating.
To sign up to our mailing list head to www.futuresquared.xyz