Episode #5: Reinventing Higher Education with Annie Fergusson (airEDU)
In this podcast, we catch up with Annie Fergusson, change facilitator and founder of airEDU, a platform she is designing and building to resolve challenges in the higher education marketplace.
Higher ed institutions are like large enterprise organisations - they are bound by bureaucracy, systems, values and a wider ecosystem that inhibits their ability to move quickly.
As such, we touch on a lot of topics that should be of interest to any innovation and education enthusiast, such as:
- Modularisation and practical education
- What's broken with higher ed?
- The pace of change and whether Universities can keep up
- The T-shaped student
- Resilience and preparing for personal disruption by teaching transferable skills, not job-centric skills
- The role universities can play in enterprise innovation
- The role universities will play going forward
If you'd like to contact Annie ping her on linkedin @