Episode #89: Trump, Brexit and an Extraordinary Time with Marc Levinson
Listen on Stitcher
Listen on Soundcloud
Marc Levinson is an economist and historian specializing in business and finance. He was formerly finance and economics editor of The Economist, worked as an economist for 10 years at JP Morgan in New York, and served as senior fellow for international business at the Council on Foreign Relations.
Marc has penned several books including Guide to the Financial Markets, The Box - How the Shipping Container Made The World Smaller and the Economy Bigger, and most recently An Extraordinary Time, which explores the end of the postwar boom and the return to the ordinary economy.
A must listen if you're concerned about Trump, Brexit, the economy at large and the broader impact of artificial intelligence on society.
- Marc's new book, An Extraordinary Time
- The post war boom and what we can draw from it today
- The role of Government in manipulating the economy
- Are we living in the best times ever?
- The impact of artificial intelligence on the employment landscape and society at large
- Innovation and the Productivity Paradox
- Technology adoption lags
- The inverse relationship between productivity and employment
- Exclusive Globalisation
- Marc’s Website - www.marclevinson.net
- An Extraordinary Time: https://amzn.to/2xzGLEh
- The Box: https://amzn.to/2DeS4aW
I hope you enjoyed this episode. If you’d like to receive a weekly email from me, complete with reflections, books I’ve been reading, words of wisdom and access to blogs, ebooks and more that I’m publishing on a regular basis, just leave your details at www.futuresquared.xyz/subscribe and you’ll receive the very next one.
Listen on Apple Podcasts @ goo.gl/sMnEa0
Also available on: Spotify, Google Play, Stitcher and Soundcloud
Future Squared: www.futuresquared.xyz
Steve Glaveski: www.steveglaveski.com