Episode #137: Our Driverless Future with Evangelos Simoudis
In today’s episode of Future Squared, we welcome back Evangelos Simoudis, a recognized expert on big data strategies and corporate innovation who first joined usin episode #20 of Future Squared when we discussed corporate VCs, incubators and startup acquisitions .
He has been working in Silicon Valley for 25 years as a venture investor, entrepreneur, and corporate executive. Evangelos is the co-founder and Managing Director of Synapse Partners, a venture firm that invests in early-stage startups developing big data applications, and an advisor to global corporations on big data strategies and Startup-Driven Innovation.
Since last chatting with Evangelos he has penned and released a new book entitled The Big Data Opportunity in our Driverless Future which explores the magnitude, extent and timing of the disruption that autonomous vehicles will bring, the role that data will play in the enabling the next generation of mobility and how both startups and corporates can position themselves to take advantage of the emerging opportunities.
- Drivers of automotive disruption
- The impact of urbanisation on vehicle ownership and use
- Pollution and climate change
- The rate at which we can expect autonomous vehicle adoption to play out
- Development of the ecosystem required to support autonomous vehicles
- The different levels of automation; from 0 to 4
- The applications of big data in autonomous vehicles- Implications for auto insurers
- Ethical questions
- Companies at the core of the autonomous vehicle and mobility movement (Uber, Zipcar, Google, Tesla)
- Traits companies successfully exploring mobility share
- Corporate startup partnerships
- Five recommendations for disrupting with big data
- Why companies should leverage their scale when partnering with startups
- Innovation outposts, incubators and accelerators
- The book: https://amzn.to/2p9rA0M
- Synapse Partners: synapsepartners.co/team/evangelos-simoudis/
- Evangelos on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/evangelossimoudis
- Evangelos’ blog: corporateinnovation.co/
- Episode 20 with Evangelos - futuresquared.xyz/podcast/episode-…tup-acquisitions
Join the conversation on Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/futuresquared/where you can discuss episodes, request guests, propose questions for forthcoming guests and access exclusive content and special offers!
Listen on iTunes @ goo.gl/sMnEa0
Listen on Spotify @ spoti.fi/2G2QsxV
Listen on Stitcher @ www.stitcher.com/podcast/future
Listen on Google Play @ bit.ly/FSGoog
If you've got any questions on this podcast feel free to send an email to email@example.com or tweet me on Twitter @steveglaveski or @future_squared
Follow me on Instagram: @thesteveglaveski
Like us? It'd make our day if you took 1 minute to show some love on iTunes, Stitcher or Soundcloud by subscribing, sharing and giving us a 5 star rating.
To sign up to our mailing list head to www.futuresquared.xyz
For more information on Collective Campus, our innovation hub, school and consultancy based in Australia and Singapore check out www.collectivecampus.io