Episode #147: The Mindful Entrepreneur with Joel Gerschman and Howard Finger
We bring you not one, but two guests, in this week’s episode of Future Squared.
First, Joel Gerschman. Joel is a leading coach, author and educator in the field of business growth, management and leadership.
Drawing on more than 15 years of battle-tested experience running multiple fast-growing technology start-ups and learning under some of the world’s leading business gurus, including Michael Gerber, author of The E-myth Revisited, Joel has helped thousands of business leaders to achieve more stability, more financial freedom and more time… for life.
Joel also brings a unique perspective to managing the people-side of business growth. With his background as a commercial Lawyer and years of experience as Mediator and university lecturer in negotiation, conflict resolution and influential communication, Joel is an expert in the psychology of influencing human behaviour.
Joel is the founder and CEO of a leading business coaching company called The Change Coach, as well as a co-creator of The Mindful Entrepreneur’s Growth System - a proven, step-by-step system designed to grow your revenue, your free time & your sense of fulfilment (mindfulentrepreneur.co).
Joel lives in Melbourne, Australia with his wife and four children.
Howard Finger is the CEO of VinciWorks. Founded in 2004, VinciWorks is the world's leading provider of online compliance and risk management solutions for the legal and financial markets.The company is on a mission to create a safer, fairer and more honest world by facilitating competitive businesses to collaboratively develop better, non-competitive solutions. The Mindful Entrepreneur chronicles the story of how Howard, the entrepreneur, Joel, the business coach, and Aryeh, the rabbi, worked together to not only turn around Vinci Works but turn around Howard’s life in the process.
Please enjoy a conversation with the two of the main characters and co-authors of The Mindful Entrepreneur, Joel Gerschman and Howard Finger.
- The Mindful Entrepreneur and how the book came about
- Why McDonalds sells average burgers better than anybody
- Prioritising the important over the urgent
- Working on the business, not in the business
- Howard’s journey from being all-consumed by his business and an emotional wreck to turning around the business and the quality of his personal life
- The importance of defining your core purpose
- Why you should set measurable goals and create action plans
- How it felt getting ousted as CEO of a company Howard helped build
- Balance in entrepreneurship
- How The Mindful Entrepreneur differs from other books
- Why we should be more conscious of our emotions and intentional with our actions, not just in business, but in everyday life
- Get the book on Amazon: https://amzn.to/2QA6V2z
- Website and resources: MindfulEntrepreneur.co
- Howard’s business, VinciWorks: VinciWorks.com
- Joel’s business, The Change Coach: TheChangeCoach.co
Join the conversation on Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/futuresquared/where you can discuss episodes, request guests, propose questions for forthcoming guests and access exclusive content and special offers!
Listen on iTunes @ goo.gl/sMnEa0
Listen on Spotify @ spoti.fi/2G2QsxV
Listen on Stitcher @ www.stitcher.com/podcast/future
Listen on Google Play @ bit.ly/FSGoog
If you've got any questions on this podcast feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet me on Twitter @steveglaveski or @future_squared
Follow me on Instagram: @thesteveglaveski
Like us? It'd make our day if you took 1 minute to show some love on iTunes, Stitcher or Soundcloud by subscribing, sharing and giving us a 5 star rating.
To sign up to our mailing list head to www.futuresquared.xyz
For more information on Collective Campus, our innovation hub, school and consultancy based in Australia and Singapore check out www.collectivecampus.io