Episode #31: Creating a Culture of Innovation with Dave Gray
Dave Gray is an author and management consultant who works with the world's leading companies to develop and execute winning strategies. He co-created the Culture Map with Alex Osterwalder, of business model canvas fame, to help companies measure their culture and move the needle to where it needs to go.
He is the founder of XPLANE, a strategic design consultancy, and co-founder of Boardthing, a collaboration platform for distributed teams.
He is the author of two books on design, change and innovation including Gamestorming: A playbook for innovators, rule-breakers and changemakers has sold more than 50,000 copies and has been translated into 14 languages.
His area of focus is the human side of change and innovation, specifically: How can you get people to adopt new ideas? How can you win their hearts and minds? How can you get people, including yourself, to change deeply embedded habits and behaviours? How can you transform a business strategy from a good idea to a living fact in the real world?
- What went wrong at Nokia - a story from the frontlines
- The Culture Map - what it is and how to use it
- How to turn the dial up on innovative thinking in your company
- Why culture underpins everything when it comes to innovation
- Open innovation, collaboration and the connected company
- Case studies on transforming culture
- Why culture change starts with self awareness at the individual level
Dave's website - Xplaner.com
Dave's management consultancy - Xplane.com
Dave's Twitter - @davegray
- Gamestorming: A Playbook for Innovators, Rulebreakers, and Changemakers - https://amzn.to/2xxGZN3
- Liminal Thinking: Create the Change You Want by Changing the Way You Think - https://amzn.to/2DkfThE
- The Connected Company - https://amzn.to/2NudO7D
- Selling to the VP of NO - https://amzn.to/2QPx4dI
LinkedIn Culture Mapping Group -
I hope you enjoyed this episode. If you’d like to receive a weekly email from me, complete with reflections, books I’ve been reading, words of wisdom and access to blogs, ebooks and more that I’m publishing on a regular basis, just leave your details at www.futuresquared.xyz/subscribe and you’ll receive the very next one.
Listen on Apple Podcasts @ goo.gl/sMnEa0
Also available on: Spotify, Google Play, Stitcher and Soundcloud
Future Squared: www.futuresquared.xyz
Steve Glaveski: www.steveglaveski.com