Episode #326: The Life Skills That Matter with Stephen Warley
Stephen Warley is the founder of Life Skills That Matter. After being laid off 18 years ago, Stephen has interviewed over 500 people in professions as diverse as defence, finance, health, marketing and entrepreneurship, read over 200 books about personal development and conducted countless lifestyle design experiments.
Then he began to wonder, how did they do it? So he started looking for common patterns in how these individuals transformed their lives. A core set of skills kept popping up time and time again - he calls these the life skills that matters - and he teaches people, through his podcast, his 30-day challenges and his accelerator programs, to leverage these skills to become actualised versions of themselves.
We discussed many topics, including:
- Why ‘secure work’ is, paradoxically, not so secure anymore
- Stephen’s battle with chronic anxiety and how he overcame it by focusing on doing work that aligned with his values and natural inclinations; and of course
- The life skills that matter
With that, please enjoy my conversation with the one and only Stephen Warley.
- Stephen’s battle with anxiety
- On becoming a reluctant entrepreneur
- The changing nature of work
- Why ‘secure work’ is no longer secure
- Habit formation
- Minimum viable product hangovers
- Purpose and false purpose
Stephen’s website: Lifeskillsthatmatter.com
Podcast: Find Life Skills That Matter wherever you find your podcasts
Employee to Entrepreneur book: www.employeetoentrepreneur.io
Listen to Future Squared on Apple Podcasts goo.gl/sMnEa0
Also available on: Spotify, Google Podcasts, TuneIn, Stitcher and Soundcloud
Future Squared: www.futuresquared.xyz
Steve Glaveski: www.steveglaveski.com
NEW Facebook group: www.facebook.com/groups/futuresquared/