Episode #361: Mobility Matters with Aaron Aldred
Aaron Aldred is movement based performance trainer situated in Melbourne. With a Bachelors degree in Sports Science, he is currently training clients out of Focus Fitness Yarraville, a gym located in the inner west of Melbourne. Aaron runs 4 week Mobility workshops which provide a wealth of knowledge on optimising movement mechanics, self myofascial release (SMR) and body recovery.
Aaron has been a competitive athlete for the majority of his life in a range of sports and currently a national level player in lacrosse.
We explored the importance of mobility, the effects of a sedentary lifestyle on the body and the mind, and what you can do to add more movement to your day, especially if you work in an office.
With that, please enjoy my conversation with Aaron Aldred.
- What is mobility and why it matters
- The effects of a sedentary lifestyle
- Mobility for the office worker
- How to test how mobile you are
- Exercises you can incorporate into your day
- How to train for longevity
- Foam rollers, saunas and ice baths: myth or reality
- Prehab v rehab
- The truth about standing desks
- How to get a better night’s sleep
- Instagram: @aldred.performance
Listen to Future Squared on Apple Podcasts goo.gl/sMnEa0
Also available on: Spotify, Google Podcasts, TuneIn, Stitcher and Soundcloud
Future Squared: www.futuresquared.xyz
Steve Glaveski: www.steveglaveski.com
Steve's book: www.employeetoentrepreneur.io
NEW Facebook group: www.facebook.com/groups/futuresquared/