Episode #191: Corporate Innovation at Singapore Post with Bernard Leong
Bernard Leong is currently the Head of Post Office Network & Digital Services in Singapore Post, an angel investor within the Southeast Asia entrepreneurial ecosystem and founder of the Analyse Asia podcast where he interview thought leaders across Asia and the US on business, media & technology.
He is also an entrepreneur-in-residence for INSEAD Business School where he advises MBA students on product development, connecting to the local startup & venture community.
Expect to learn many things in this episode including:
1 - How Bernard secured buy-in from internal stakeholders and regulators for new initiatives
2 - The power of quick wins
3 - What a large company needs in order to support entrepreneurial thinkers
- The two factors Bernard says make up the innovation DNA of an organisation
- How stripping away 99% of the features in a product spec led to breakthroughs
- How to get and maintain buy in from key stakeholders
- Which metrics to use to monitor the success of innovations during the early stages
- SingPost’s drone delivery experiment, Smart Post office rollout and POPStation parcel lockers
- How to get buy-in from otherwise slow moving regulators
- How being an innovator inside a large company can be just as, if not more, challenging and rewarding as building a startup on the outside
- How SingPost goes about ideation and prototyping
- Bernard’s podcast, Analyse Asia
Note: Bernard’s opinions are his own and do not reflect the opinions of Singapore Post.
- Website: www.bernardleong.com
- Podcast website: www.analyse.asia
- Twitter: @bernardleong
- LinkedIn: https://au.linkedin.com/in/bleongcw
- Podcast: https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/start-with-why-podcast/id544422719?mt=2
Listen on iTunes @ goo.gl/sMnEa0
Listen on Stitcher @ www.stitcher.com/podcast/future
Listen on Google Play @ bit.ly/FSGoog
Follow me on Instagram: @thesteveglaveski
Like us? It'd make our day if you took 1 minute to show some love on iTunes, Stitcher or Soundcloud by subscribing, sharing and giving us a 5 star rating.
To sign up to our mailing list head to www.futuresquared.xyz