Episode #32: David Allen on Getting Things Done
David Allen is widely recognized as the world's leading expert on personal and organizational productivity. His thirty-year pioneering research and coaching to corporate managers and CEOs of some of America's most prestigious corporations and institutions has earned him Forbes' recognition as one of the top five executive coaches in the U.S. and Business 2.0 magazine's inclusion in their 2006 list of the "50 Who Matter Now." Time Magazine called his flagship book, "Getting Things Done", "the definitive business self-help book of the decade." Fast Company Magazine called David "one of the world's most influential thinkers" in the arena of personal productivity, for his outstanding programs and writing on time and stress management, the power of aligned focus and vision, and his groundbreaking methodologies in management and executive peak performance.
David is the international best-selling author of "Getting Things Done: the Art of Stress-Free Productivity"; "Ready for Anything: 52 Productivity Principles for Work and Life"; and "Making It All Work: Winning at the Game of Work and the Business of Life".
With a Twitter following boasting over 1.2 million people, David Allen is one of the most foremost names in life coaching, motivation and personal productivity on the planet.
- The GTD framework and its five basic steps
- Quieting the 'monkey mind'
- The Six Horizons of Focus
- David's past, including bouncing back from heroin addiction to become a world renowned life coach
- @gtdguy on Twitter
- David's Books:
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-free Productivity - https://amzn.to/2DnkMqj
- Getting Things Done for Teens: Take Control of Your Life in a Distracting World - https://amzn.to/2QRCrJp
- Getting Things Done: How to Achieve Stress-free Productivity - https://amzn.to/2QSDNn5
- Making It All Work: Winning at the game of work and the business of life - https://amzn.to/2Dm5bHl
- Ready For Anything: 52 productivity principles for work and life - https://amzn.to/2xskGID
I hope you enjoyed this episode. If you’d like to receive a weekly email from me, complete with reflections, books I’ve been reading, words of wisdom and access to blogs, ebooks and more that I’m publishing on a regular basis, just leave your details at www.futuresquared.xyz/subscribe and you’ll receive the very next one.
Listen on Apple Podcasts @ goo.gl/sMnEa0
Also available on: Spotify, Google Play, Stitcher and Soundcloud
Future Squared: www.futuresquared.xyz
Steve Glaveski: www.steveglaveski.com
GET COACHED BY LUCAS: